Thursday, January 3, 2013

Oreo Cheesecake Bites

I have been seeing this recipe on Pinterest and figured with the holiday season, now was the perfect time to attempt it!

I followed the recipe more or less... I used Trader Joe's Joe-Joe "Oreos" and swapped out the sour cream for a individual serving of plain Greek yogurt. Voila! Healthy cheesecake!? Well, we can pretend. I baked the cheesecake differently than instructed. I followed the baking instructions from the Pumpkin Cheesecake. Lastly, I used 2 9x9 pans instead of a 9x13 pan because they were occupied by the Saltine Toffee bars.

This was a great rich cheesecake soft yummy cheesecake. I would consider using the cake recipe for plain cheesecakes with fruit toppings.

I found my cheesecake to still be a little soft when I decided to slice it (I am slightly impatient). To help with clean slices I heated the knife with hot water and wiped the blade between slices. You can pop the cheesecake in the freezer for a little while which also will help too.

Yes I would make this again. I would cook it for about an hour though, I felt mine got a little too golden on top. But it didn't change the taste.

Mel's Kitchen (home of the original recipe) says these can also be frozen for up to a month. When ready to eat just defrost in the fridge and serve chilled. 

Oreos on a mission for the greater good
Crumbs
Press into prepared pan
Smooth creamy texture
Poured over those Oreo crumbs!
Sliced!
Oreo Cheesecake Bites

INGREDIENTS:
36 Oreo Cookies

1/4 cup (4 tablespoons) butter
4 packages (8-ounces each) cream cheese, room temperature
1 cup white sugar
1 cup plain Greek yogurt
1 teaspoon vanilla
4 large eggs


DIRECTIONS: 
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Put a bowl of water in an oven proof container on the rack below where the cheesecake will sit.

Line a 9×13-inch baking pan with foil (or parchment paper), with ends extending over sides for ease of cheesecake removal. Finely crush 24 Oreo cookies in food processor. Melt 1/4 cup butter; mix with crumbs. Pour into prepared pan and then press into the bottom.
In the mixer with paddle attachment beat the cream cheese and sugar with mixer until blended (looking for a soft looking smooth consistency). Add Greek yogurt and vanilla; mix well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until just blended. Chop remaining cookies into halves or quarters. Gently stir into batter; pour over crust.


Put cheesecake in oven, turn heat down to 250F. Bake the cheesecake for about 1 ½ hours or until the sides are set and the center is almost set. Let sit in warm oven for another hour and then let cool another hour on the counter. Then refrigerate for at least 2 hours. When chilled, remove the cheesecake using the foil overhang and cut the cheesecake into bite-sized pieces.

Chill the bars until ready to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment