Sunday, January 13, 2013

Gluten Free Blueberry Cobbler

Birthday dessert!! I was looking for another gluten free dessert recipe. I made a gluten free blueberry cobbler from here! I made these in individual 6 oz bowls. The blueberry part tasted like blueberry pie, but the almond part on top... was good but didn't make me feel very cobbler-ish. I was just expecting it to be more like a pastry, the almond topping is very thick and doesn't spread very easily but you can just dollop it around.

We made Pamela's Gluten Free Pancakes and the pancakes were great! Since the batter can also be used as a baking mix I would try making a topping with that instead next time.

However it was very easy to make, great for a quick snack, and I would give it another shot!

Birthday Menu: Beef Tenderloin, Swedish baked potatoes, roasted onions and mushrooms, and a Gluten Freeblueberry cobbler!








Gluten Free Blueberry Cobbler

Ingredients
  • 16 oz frozen blueberries (I used frozen but I can imagine the fresh would be great too)
  • 1/2 cup sugar, divided
  • 1 Tbsp cornstarch
  • 1 Tbsp lemon juice
  • 1 cup slivered blanched almonds ground in a food processor
  • 4 Tbsp butter
  • 1 whole egg
  • pinch of salt
Preheat oven to 400.  In a large bowl gently toss together the blueberries, 1/4 cup of sugar, cornstarch and lemon juice.  Pour into a buttered 2-quart baking dish.  In another bowl mix together the ground almonds/almond meal, butter, the other 1/4 cup of sugar, egg and salt until well combined.  Spread topping over the blueberries.  Bake for 25-35 minutes until the fruit is bubbly and the top is golden brown.  Let cool at least 10 minutes before eating.  Serve hot or at room temperature with vanilla ice cream!


No comments:

Post a Comment