Sunday, January 13, 2013

Beef Tenderloin

Birthday Dinner!!!
  
I had some guests come over for dinner and I got to make some special food! I had a great deal on some beef tenderloin so that became the main dish. I followed the recipe given on the Wegman's website. 


I rinsed it in the sink with water and then I rubbed it with some of the Wegman's basting oil. This is oil already infused with herbs. I also sprinkled it with salt and fresh cracked black pepper. I seared it in my new stainless steel frying pan (yay!!!) and then cooked it in the oven at 350F for ...far too long. 

I cooked it for about 55 minutes and then tented it under some foil for about another 20 minutes. This created a medium, barely medium rare. I personally like mine on the medium rare side. The pictures make it look a lot more pink than it really was.

I used the leftovers in quesadillas and Caesar salad!

Birthday Menu: Beef Tenderloin, Swedish baked potatoes, roasted onions and mushrooms, and a Gluten Free blueberry cobbler!


 

In a Caesar Salad!


Beef Tenderloin
  1. Preheat oven to 350F. Rinse roast, rub with basting oil, salt and cracked pepper seasoning.
  2. Heat frying pan. Drizzle with some more basting oil. When pan is hot sear on stove for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350F.
  3. Roast tenderloin about 15-20 min per lb, until desired doneness. Check internal temp by inserting thermometer halfway into thickest part of meat.
  4. Transfer roast tenderloin to clean platter; let rest 10-20 min. Serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment