Thursday, January 17, 2013

Pizza Attempt #2

You should make your own pizza at home. You might say, "Alas! I have no time!" or "How could I possibly make a pizza when I get home from work? I am far to hungry!" or "Frozen is just the easier option." Ok, well you are partly right. Sometimes frozen pizza can be easier. However, in 20 minutes you can still have fresh pizza!

I bought an herb flavored pizza dough from Trader Joe's, this is a ready to go ball of dough. The ball of dough is sized out for 2, so I split it in half. Tomorrow's dinner!

Ready to start cooking? Start the clock!

Preheat oven to 425F. Press out the dough, spread with tomato sauce, top with cheese! By this time the oven should be just about preheated. Pop it in for 6-10 minutes.

In that 6-10 minutes I was able to wash some dishes and make a small Caesar salad.

The sauce I used was plain tomato sauce. I added a 1/4 tsp of garlic powder and oregano, and a sprinkle of red pepper flakes.

I cooked it on my silpat mat and it crisped up nicely, I didn't use cornmeal or anything on the bottom of the crust.

Happy Eating!!

No comments:

Post a Comment