Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Candied Walnuts #2

Sorry for the delay! I've been moving and haven't had internet. I'll be slowly posting the recipes from the holiays! =)

I tried a new candied nut recipe from AllRecipes! I used walnuts but you can use pecans or whatever nut you choose. Candy-ing nuts are an elegant salad topper or can be served with wine and cheese or as a snack.

This is the recipe I tried last time which uses nuts, cinnamon, sugar, and an egg white. Also a very fast recipe.

I think this took me 10 minutes to make.

I decided to do about 1 cup of walnuts per person for part of a holiday gift. I used the AllRecipe serving converter to create the measurements below.

Candied Walnuts
Ingredients
1/4 lb (2 cups) walnuts (whole or halves)
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp salt
1 tbsp and 1 1/2 tsp of milk
1/4 tsp vanilla
  1. Toast walnuts in frying pan.
  2. Meanwhile combine: sugar, cinnamon, salt, milk, and vanilla. Stir about 5 minutes (soft ball stage). This means when I stir the edges are starting to get thicker and less runny.
  3. Add toasted walnuts into the sugar mix. Stir quickly to coat.
  4. Spread out on parchment paper (or silpat mat). They cool quickly so work fast!
  5. Let cool then package!

No comments:

Post a Comment