Seriously, this recipe is pretty much fool proof. It will be tasty no matter what. I wanted to half the recipe, but only successfully halved some of the ingredients... still came out good though!
I made this for the holidays last year, your house will smell amazing! If you wanted to half this recipe, it is easy. If you wanted to double the recipe, it is easy.
The original recipe calls for pecans, which are so good! However, I didn't have enough, so I used 1 cup of walnuts and 1 cup of pecans.
Whip an egg white and tbs of water until its frothy. Didn't half it, just used the whole thing.
Put on a grease/parchment paper/silpat covered cookie sheet and bake at 250 for an hour. Stir them on the cookie sheet every 15 minutes.
|(Note the pretty new mat!)|
I let them cool for a little bit and then put them into containers to store at room temperature.
These are tasty as a snack but also would be good on a salad!
Makes 1 lb
1 egg white
1 tbs water
1 lb pecans
1 cup white sugar
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 250F. Prepare 1 baking sheet.
- Whip 1 egg white and water until frothy. In separate bowl combine sugar, salt, and cinnamon.
- Add nuts to egg white. Add dry ingredients. Stir until well coated.
- Spread out on baking sheet
- Bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.