Friday, August 3, 2012

Pasta Verde (plus summer squash & eggplant)

I have a bunch of veggies remaining from previous dinners so I decided I wanted to make a primavera. I searched a few recipes but they need milk or cream and I didn't have that. Then I saw Martha Stewart's Pasta Verde here. I even had all the ingredients (and a few extra)!

I prepped the eggplant. Sliced or cubed the veggies (summer squash, zucchini, onion, snap peas).

Eggplant: Slice, Salted, Sits for 30 minutes, Rinse, Squeeze liquid out
Heated the frying pan, added oil, and then some garlic powder. Added the onion. When the onion started to look translucent I added the other veggies.



Meanwhile I cooked some pasta.


When the veggies were just about tender I wilted in some spinach and added in the snap peas into the pan.
Combine ingredients for dressing
Then I added the dressing. The dressing was ok, I just don't really like Dijon mustard. I tossed the pasta in with the veggies and served.


Next time I would try using less Dijon mustard. And maybe more vinegar.

Pasta Verde
makes 4

Dressing
1 tbsp Olive Oil, 2 tbsp Dijon Mustard, 2 tbsp Cider Vinegar, Salt & Pepper

Pasta
Olive oil
1/2 tsp garlic powder
Onion, diced
Eggplant, salted/strained then sliced/cubed
Summer Squash, cubed
Zucchini, sliced
Spinach
Snap Peas

Cook pasta according to directions
Combine ingredients to make dressing
Heat olive oil and garlic powder in frying pan. Add onion. When translucent add veggies. When tender add a handful or two of spinach and snap peas.
Combine dressing, veggies, and pasta.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment