Friday, January 30, 2015

Breaded Baked Fish

I went to one of my friend's houses for dinner (thanks Angela!) and she made this yummy baked fish! It seemed so easy that I asked for the recipe so I could try it. I've never really made fish before so this was an experiment. Other than the fish, I almost always have these ingredients in the house.

I purchased frozen boneless Tilapia fillets. They seemed forgiving and not as scary as other fish. I defrosted 2 fillets in the fridge for dinner the next night. I will be honest, I ate both of them and did not make any sides or veggies or anything

It took me 5 minutes to prepare and then 15 minutes to cook, so it in 25 minutes (to allow for a bit of cooling) you can have dinner ready!

Checking for flaking



Breaded Baked Fish
2 fish fillets (tilapia, defrosted)
1/2 tbsp of butter, melted
1/4-1/2 c bread crumbs
2 tsp Italian seasoning
2 tbsp Parmesan cheese
salt & pepper

Preheat oven to 400F. Prepare a baking dish or cookie sheet with tinfoil and grease it.
Open fish package and put the fish on the prepared pan.
Drizzle a tad bit of melted butter over the top of each fillet.
In a small bowl combine salt, pepper, breadcrumbs, Italian seasoning, and Parmesan cheese.
Sprinkle mix over the fish.
Bake 15 minutes. Fish is done when it flakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment