Monday, August 27, 2012

Loaded Scrambled Eggs

A few random things in my fridge: eggs, scallions, carrots, roasted garlic... I wanted to see what I could make without having to go to the store. I searched online to find some options. I found some recipes for Chinese scallion pie, fried rice, garlic noodles, and omelets.

I settled on making an omelet for dinner. Easy light dinner in less than 15 minutes!

Heat the pan to medium heat, add roasted garlic (3 cloves), a 1/4 tsp of cumin, a tablespoon of diced up bacon, and several sliced baby carrots. Meanwhile, scramble 3 eggs with a splash of milk (little less than 1/4 cup) and some cracked black pepper. Once carrots are soften, about 5-7 minutes, and bacon is crispy, pour in the eggs and some scallion.

Theoretically, let the eggs cook then fold it into an omelet... however mine turn into scrambled eggs at this point. I had a griddled English muffin on the side.

Yum! I would add in more cumin next time since I liked the flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment