Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Peanut Butter Brownies

 Great fellow at work always helps me when I break spreadsheets in Microsoft Excel. My way of thanking him is to bake treats! This is the brownie recipe from the Slutty Brownies. What I did to make these a little special was to take Reece's Peanut Butter Cups and place them on top before baking. In the past I've done them in mini muffin tins and used a mini Reece's, however it can be quite tedious.

Combine sugar, melted butter, and vanilla in the mixer. When mixed completely add eggs one at a time. In separate bowl combine flour and cocoa powder. Then mix into wet mixture.

I halved the recipe and used a 9x9 pan. This took about 20 minutes to bake.

Dense fudgey batter!
9x9 pan of brownie batter
Added the Reece's cups!
Baked!
Alternative recipes could include chopping up the pb cups into quarters and mixing them into the batter or using pb chips or swirling in a pb ganache...Try different candies like Snickers or flavored Hershey Kisses. I think I want to try toffee bits next time. 

UPDATE: SNICKERS BROWNIES

Recipe below is not halved.
 
Brooke's Best Bombshell Brownies

Ingredients:
1 c butter, melted
3 cups white sugar
1 tbs vanilla extract
4 eggs
1 1/2 c four
1 c cocoa powder
1 tsp salt

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350.
Grease 9x13 baking dish
Combine melted butter, sugar, vanilla
Beat eggs in 1 at a time
Sift flour, cocoa powder and salt together.
Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients.
Stir in chocolate chips.
Spread batter into prepared dish.
Bake in oven approx 20-30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment