Sunday, March 25, 2012

Slutty Brownies

I found a recipe here for Slutty Brownies. (Her pictures actually show the layers... we were too excited to try them to get good pictures)

Honestly, it was the name that made me do a double take and I had to see what these brownies were about. A layer of chocolate chip cookie dough, layer of Oreo, and topped with brownie batter make up this sweet dessert.

I already knew what I was going to do.

I went with the Nestle Toll House chocolate chip cookie recipe and the Brooke's Bombshell brownie recipe. And if I could bottle the smell of my kitchen when these were baking... me oh myyy!! It was a beautiful experience.

Nestle Toll House cookies are my favorite, I normally load them up with walnuts and chocolate chips. For this recipe I omitted the nuts.

Brooke's brownie recipe is a fudge-y dense brownie. I use 2 cups of sugar, generally 1 cup brown sugar and 1 cup white sugar. I also omitted the chocolate chips for this recipe.

Oreo's are yummy. When they are baked between a chocolate chip cookie layer and brownie layer they don't get soggy, but they aren't hard cookies anymore...they sort of melt into a layer of their own. Some alternations for the Oreo layer that my friends suggested but I have not tried: crush them up, crush them up and mix them with cream cheese. 

Enjoy!!

Slutty Brownies
Directions
Preheat oven to 350. Line 9x9 pan with foil. Layer uncooked cookie dough. Layer Oreos on top. Pour brownie batter over everything. Bake for 30-35 minutes.

The recipes below are for the full amounts... I halved these for the 9x9 pan.

Original Nestle Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookies
makes approx 5 dozen cookies

Ingredients:
2 1/4 c all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 stick sbutter
3/4 c granulated sugar
3/4 c packed brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 large eggs
2 cups chocolate chips
1 cup chopped nuts (optional)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375.
Combine dry ingredients. Beat butter, sugars, vanilla until creamy. Add eggs 1 at a time. Gradually add in dry mix. Stir in chips and nuts. Drop rounded tbs onto ungreased baking sheets.
Bake 9-11 minutes. (This varies by oven, mine take approx 8 minutes and I make smaller cookies).


Brooke's Best Bombshell Brownies

Ingredients:
1 c butter, melted
3 cups white sugar
1 tbs vanilla extract
4 eggs
1 1/2 c lfour
1 c cocoa powder
1 tsp salt
1 c chocolate chips

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350.
Grease 9x13 baking dish
Combine melted butter, sugar, vanilla
Beat eggs in 1 at a time
Sift flour, cocoa powder and salt together.
Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients.
Stir in chocolate chips.
Spread batter into prepared dish.
Bake in oven approx 35 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment