Sunday, August 21, 2016

Two Step Slow Cooked French Dip with Au Jus

This was so easy! I also used my bread maker so we would have some fresh bread! This is a meal that A will often get at fancy steak places so I figured I'd try making it at home. I also want to use my slow cooker for more then pulled pork and beef stew.

I used chuck roast which can also be used in beef stew and it comes in a family pack from Wegman's. Other sites recommend using Sirloin because it is less greasy.

These can be served as sliders, on hoagie rolls, or on french bread. I used my bread maker to serve it with fresh bread!

2 Step Slow Cooked French Dip with Au Jus
adapted from All Recipes

3 lbs beef - chuck roast
1 can beef broth
1/2 bottle of dark beer
1 packet onion soup mix
1 pinch rosemary and thyme
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp browning sauce
1 onion, sliced
  1. Combine all ingredients in slow cooker and then set for 7 hours on low. 
  2. Slice beef and then put back into the juice until ready to serve on crusty bread. 

No comments:

Post a Comment