Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Pineapple Banana Bread

Here is a fast an easy quick bread! I had some bananas and pineapple that was about to go bad, so I thought to find a recipe that used both!  The original recipe called for maraschino cherries and flaked coconut and 2 cups of sugar. I reduced the sugar to 1 cup. Next time I might sprinkle a little on top to get that crusty banana bread but not have so much sugar in it. 

I blitzed the bananas in the food processor and I did 10 oz fresh pineapple also pureed in the food processor. This made the bread very moist, almost fudge like and difficult to cut. I would stick to the 8 oz of pineapple when you try out the recipe. When you do the bananas there can't be many lumps because they will boil when the bread gets cooked and make a mess. 

Here is the original banana bread recipe that I have from my mom.

Next time I would include a handful of chocolate chips.

Pineapple Banana Bread
Adapted from All Recipes

3 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cups white sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
3 eggs, beaten
1 cup vegetable oil
2 cups mashed very ripe banana
1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
2 teaspoons vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease and then flour a 9x9 pan and a 12 muffin pan. In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking soda, sugar and cinnamon. Add the walnuts, eggs, oil, banana, pineapple, and vanilla; stir just until blended. Pour batter evenly into the prepared pans.

Bake for 60 minutes, or until a tooth pick inserted into the center of a loaf comes out clean. The muffins took about 40 minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment