Friday, May 9, 2014

Fast Blueberry Muffins

Uh oh! I have breakfast duty for work tomorrow! What can I make without having to go to the store? I had some dried blueberries in the pantry, so muffins it is!

I hydrated 1/2 cup of the blueberries by soaking them in hot water for 30 minutes. While they were soaking I made the batter. Frozen blueberries would work as well. The original recipe had a yummy crumble on top, but that would require taking out the food processor which would then need to be washed...so I didn't add it, but I'm sure it would have been incredible! I did sprinkle a little sugar over the tops of the muffins before baking.

Blueberry Muffins
Adapted from All Recipes

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup white sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/3 cup vegetable oil + 1 egg + ? milk = 1 cup
1 cup fresh blueberries

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease muffin cups or line with muffin liners.

Combine flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder. Place vegetable oil into a 1 cup measuring cup; add the egg and enough milk to fill the cup. Mix this with flour mixture. Fold in blueberries. Fill muffin cups right to the top.

Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment