Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Celery & Carrot Soup

I make soup and then end up with extra celery and carrots! I could eat them plain.. but no thanks. Instead I decided I'd find a new soup recipe to make up. Ta da!

Celery and Carrot Soup!

5 carrots, sliced them up, not peeled.
4 stalks of celery, sliced them up, includes leaf part
1/2 Onion/onion powder, 1 tsp
2 small cloves of garlic, or 1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp dried tarragon
1/2 tsp oregano
2 cups chicken/vegetable broth
1/2 cup white wine

Heat some oil in a pot. Add onions and garlic and cook for about 3-5 minutes. Add in celery and carrots, tarragon. I also added some oregano (a few shakes). Stir and let this start to soften for about 5-7 minutes. Add in broth and white wine (I used Riesling) and simmer for an additional 15 minutes.

I pureed a few ladles of the soup and then added it back in.

Serve hot!

This made enough for 2 servings.

I could imagine using less broth and making it into a thicker sauce and using it on pasta. Or with a nice turkey club sandwich on the side. Or maybe add some ginger too! I thought about adding in some cream, I've never made a cream based soup though so I didn't know how much to put in. I think it would have added a nice dimension to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment